Thursday, March 29, 2007

Maybe I shoulda just stayed home....

Just heard on the radio that the Celtics beat the Magic last night in double overtime. Meanwhile, here on MY home court, I put up three shots last night -- all of them airballs -- waddled around the floor like a lame duck, hit an opponent (who admittedly had his head turned, which is why I attempted it in the first place) in the side of the face with a no-look pass, and with the exception of a few strong rebounds and some occasional help defense, basically played like crap, crap, crap the whole night long. The culminating humiliation? After getting blown out 11-2 in one game, my teammates swapped me for the guy I'd been guarding when we ran it back, and my NEW team got blown out 12-0! Plus, I tore an eyelet out of right sneaker trying to tighten the laces, which means that I'm about to splurge on fresh kicks again. Not that I think a new pair of shoes would have helped. Maybe a new set of legs....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home