Thursday, March 08, 2007

If it quacks like a duck...

Just finished watching the Oregon Ducks demolish the Arizona Wildcats in the Pac-10 tournament. Since one of my good friends (who also happened to have been my assistant coach when I was coaching at the Boys & Girls Club on Nantucket Island) is a Wildcat, I try to be empathetic...even as I delight in the victory of the boys from the University of Nike. But this is really just another testimony to the effectiveness of good defense and quick guards -- which can put even the most talent teams back on their heels.

I certainly learned that lesson again myself last night. Now today I'm limping around on a bruised knee to go with my bruised ego, after a VERY tough night getting torched by quicker opponants who ran circles around my fat ass and made me feel like a very old man indeed. Put that together with yet another tough shooting night, and some VERY ugly turnovers, and...well, I'm not even going to go there. Even when dragged there kicking and screaming by what's left of my short, blonde hair.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day. And then there's another day after that, and another day after that....

March Madness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home