Monday, March 19, 2007

The Man Wants a Beer

So, before I settle in to my couch with a Black & Tan to watch "The Black Donnellys," I need to tell this story about tonight's run. Kind of a tough shooting night for me, despite (or perhaps because of) an hour's worth of shoot-around at my health club earlier in the afternoon. Fumbled touches, short shots, no rhythm, and eventually tired legs as I found myself playing three and four games in a row because there were only a dozen of us in the gym. So finally after two hours of this, without having scored a basket all night, I called for the ball as it came up the court, dribbled to the top of the key, rose up and drained a perfect three to win the last game of the evening and send us all home. And as I walked toward the bench, the ball still bouncing on the floor beneath the net, one of my teammates called out "the man wants a beer." And all I could answer was "yes I do...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home