Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What's YOUR Fantasy?

If I could be anywhere else in the world for the next couple of weeks, it would be out in sunny California, with tickets to the NCAA tournament games this weekend in Sacramento, and next weekend in San Jose. There's going to be some awefully fun college basketball played out west this March, and I'm afraid I'm just going to have to sit home and watch it on TV.

Somebody at the gym asked me Monday night who I thought was going to win the Big Dance this year, and without a moment's hesitation I said "Oregon." Of course, I was dressed head to toe in Green and Gold at the time, so my opinion was hardly a revelation. For the past few years I've been filling out my brackets based, not on the teams I think will win, but according to the teams I want to see play. It's as good a technique for filling out a bracket as any other I know, and it's not as if I've got any money riding on the tournament.

The two 1st Round games I'm looking forward to most: Indiana vs Gonzaga and Boston College vs Texas Tech. Kentucky and Villanova, Duke and VCU, USC and Arkansas, Louisville and Stanford, Texas A & M vs Penn, and Tennesee vs Long Beach State all appear worth watching as well, and I'm REALLY looking foward to seeing Oregon trash Miami Ohio, and the WSU Cougars ripping Oral Roberts to pieces there in the ARCO arena.

My Sweet Sixteen picks: Florida, Maryland, Oregon, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, UCLA, North Carolina, Texas, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Ohio State, Long Beach State, Louisville and Memphis.

My Final Four: Oregon, UCLA, North Carolina, and Ohio State.

And we all know who I want to see win the National Championship. Hey, if it quacks like a duck....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home