Thursday, March 01, 2007

Two in a Row

And omigosh! -- the Celtics are on a two-game winning streak, having beaten the equally-disappointing Knicks last night in the Garden. That's Boston, not Madison Square. Again, a spectacle I happily ignored. But you know what I really WOULD stay home to watch? Doc Rivers and Isiah Thomas back on the floor again themselves in laced-up sneakers going one-on-one...

Meanwhile, another good run last night in the over-35 pick-up game. Shooting is slowly improving, and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting back into the flow on both ends of the floor. Still can't run as well as I would like, which sometimes leaves me in an ackward place. But in general a very nice time for a change -- good rebounds, good assists, several steals, a nice combination of threes, lay-ups, and shorter jumpers...all by simply letting the game come to me, rather than trying to force anything. I'm still shooting the ball off the side of my index finger about half the time, which is very annoying -- especially since when I think about it too much, the rest of my shot goes to hell too. So I guess that's just going to require a lot more extra shooting at the gym, until the bad habit finally goes away.

OK, enough. As if I don't have better things to do with my time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home