Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Hoops

And I heard on the radio this morning that an estimated a billion people watched yesterday's game between the USA and China. That's one BILLION -- with a "B." And believe it or not, I was not one of them -- chose instead to go to church, where I was able to share the good news about my lung cancer -- that even though my primary tumor isn't shrinking, it doesn't appear to be growing any either...and (more importantly) there are no additional metastases either. I don't really know whether that technically puts me in "remission" or not ("remission of sin" is so much easier to define), but it does mean that at the conclusion of this current protocol of chemotherapy we will be adopting a "wait and watch" attitude, which means diet and exercise rather than more toxic medicines...at least for the time being....

Meanwhile, after today's game all the twenty-somethings were out playing pick-up hoops in the schoolyard down the street from my old apartment. Drove by on our way to dinner...and yes, it made me wish that I were still healthy enough to get out there and run with them. But that's not going to happen again any time soon...may in fact never happen again. So maybe I'm going to have to settle for watching from my chair with a wistful smile...and trying NOT to be one of those guys who starts every sentence "well, back in MY day...."

Meanwhile, if you are at all interested in my cancer blog, you can link to it HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home