Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cougs Pluck Ducks in the Pit

I've been so distracted by work that I haven't really been following the Pac 10 hoops as closely as I would like, but clearly the WSU Cougars are this year's most interesting story -- only two losses through January 30, both on the road to perennial powerhouses UCLA and Arizona, then a tough week at home with three consecutive losses to Cal, Stanford (14) and again to the number 5 Bruins...they've dropped down into the 20's in the polls, but are now apparently back on a winning streak again. And last night another big milestone: they went down to Eugene and beat the Ducks on Mac Court for the first time in 13 years!

Unfortunately, I missed seeing the game...which perhaps was a good thing, given the currently delicate state of my hoop-health. But once again, congratulations to the Cougs. I'm really starting to look forward to seeing them play in the tournament next month....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home