Monday, October 01, 2007

California Nightmare

OK, I know this is technically a basketball blog, but my poor Old Mothers really got their asses kicked this past weekend. Good thing I'm not a gambler, or I'd REALLY be hurting this morning.

Always expected the Beavers to get mauled by the Bruins, and was actually quite thrilled that my Dawgs could give the Trojans such a scare up there in Huskey Stadium...which made defeat all that more difficult to swallow following the sweet taste of what was shaping up to be just desserts.

But of course the real heartbreaker was in down in Eugene, with the Duck contrite on the sidelines as Dennis Dixon throws his first interception of the season deep in his own end (which led to an easy USC touchdown), and then Cameron Colvin fumbles the ball on the goal line with seconds left to play, turning what would have been a game-tying touchdown into a game-ending touchback instead. Ouch!

And even Harvard came up a touchdown short against Lehigh. So there's no joy in my house this morning. And my dreams of a sweet end-of-October matchup between an undefeated Oregon and an undefeated Southern Cal is now just a fading fantasy...

Bummer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home