Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Congratulations Oregon State University Beavers!

OK, I know this is technically a basketball blog...and a pick-up basketball blog at that. But I just wanted to express my congratulations to the OSU Beavers baseball team, who just won the NCAA College World Series by beating the North Carolina Tarheels with great pitching, great defense, great "small-ball" execution, and by capitalizing on their opponents errors while minimizing their own. I only spent a couple of years in Corvallis as an interdisciplinary Master's degree student in History, Philosophy, and American Literature...but I have very fond memories of that campus -- alma mater of both Gary Payton and Brent Berry -- and where I often enjoyed sitting in the grandstand after class on a warm spring afternoon watching the Beavers play ball. So it's nice to be able to take pride in them as they celebrate their first national championship. Good Job Beavers! And I'm certain there is much joy today in "the heart of the valley."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home