Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lit up like a...

metaphors fail me. Tough, tough, TOUGH time defending last night -- seems like even when I was there to challenge the shot they were going down anyway, which ignores all the times I was simply back-cut, crossed-over, beaten down-court and late to the party. Didn't seem to matter who I was trying to guard either -- they all used me like a...metaphors fail me...on their way to individual scoring records.

And yet somehow, we still managed to win and keep winning. Better ball movement I guess, plus some hot shooters (of whom I was not one -- I basically only scored once last night, another one-handed shot that bounce on the rim four times before finally falling through). And I did contribute to the passing, which I guess is something.

I know that part of the problem was the week-long lay-off, plus the few extra pounds I've put on for the holidays on top of the extra pounds I carry around normally, plus the fact that I was wearing my orthotics for the first time all year (which was great for my back but also left me feeling a little uncertain of my footing). And now it will be another week before I play again (after probably gaining another few pounds). But what the heck. It's just a game. And last night was just another run....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home