Monday, May 08, 2006

Trust the Force Luke...

Well, here's the sad truth about ths BLOG. I haven't the SLIGHTEST idea what I'm doing here. Just thought it might be kinda fun occasionally to post my thoughts about the Meaning of Life, Popular Culture, and the Essential Wisdom of Pick-Up Basketball. I say "essential" because it's the best word I could come up with combining the concepts of "essence" and "fundamentals." I'm a little old school when it comes to hoop -- although I have at least accomodated myself to baggy shorts. After all, dress codes shouldn't only go one way.

As for me, I'm one summer league short of a half-century on this planet, and have spent almost that much time bouncing balls off the hardword. I can remember when the lane was still a "key," but I honestly can't recall the first time I picked up a basketball...it's just always been part of my life: at the playground, at the Y, in my driveway, at school. In any event, I like to think I've learned a lot about the game over the course (statistically, at least) of more than half a lifetime; and the game has certainly taught me plenty about life as well. So I thought I'd try to share a little of that wisdom, and maybe pick up a little more myself from whoever happens to find and read this.

So hands in, everyone. WHAT TIME IS IT? GAME TIME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home